4.09.2013

Duh-Land


Last week, Sean was being his sweet, thoughtful self and offered to take me on a mini-vacation to relax now that my internship with Jacksonville Fashion Week is over and my finals are about to start.

Sweet right?

However, after scouring the internet for a reasonable room in a decent city within driving distance of St.Augustine... we realized that it's spring break and you can't get a room at the Motel 6 for less than an arm and a leg.

So instead we decided to post-pone our little get-away to after I graduate. I stocked the fridge with tons of healthy foods and planned to stay in and just kick back with my man.

Saturday morning though, after a lazy breakfast we decided to go explore DeLand, FL. It's just an hour away and Sean works down there but has never gone anywhere but his office, Publix and Chili's.

It ended up being the perfect place for an impromptu mini-day-cation.

We wandered around in back alleys, stumbling upon some of the best antique shops I've ever seen. We grabbed a few beers and then sat down to one of the best meals we've had.

We found these vintage prints in the depths of one of the antique shops. They were all printed before 1930. We snagged a few and I plan to frame them for the house! 


My man. 


Bacon-wrapped-spicy-grilled-chili-glazed-quail with chocolate shavings. Out of this world good. 

Wahoo and black-bean-mango-smash for Sean. (I had food-envy)

Bangin Veggie Succotash for me.

Vegan, Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler Goodness. 





Most importantly, we picked up this candle which smells like heaven. I have a feeling I'm going to burn through it pretty fast... Guess we'll have to go back for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment