4.03.2013

Screeching Halt.


JFW2013 is over!

I can't believe it.

The event as a whole was incredible. Most nights were packed and the last night sold out.

The models were gorgeous and made beautiful canvases for the designers brilliant creations.

Most importantly, it was all for a great cause. The sweet little ones from Wolfson's Children's Hospital worked their stuff on the runway and afterwards, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. JFW2013 also worked with Dignity U Wear and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. 

I am so grateful to have met so many inspirational and successful people. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. So  thank you to Yoanna, Matthew, Cristina, Tiffany, Julio, Mario, John, Rikeeda, Darren, Shae, Regan and everyone else that taught me so much!

Seriously, I've finally come down from the crazy high of planning events, coordinating with models and designers and being surrounded by some of the most driven and successful individuals, not to mention the incredible hair and makeup professionals, and it feels like I've stalled out!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still plenty busy with nannying (I'm currently sitting in a suite in Orlando with the little boy I nanny, getting ready to ride down a lazy river and try our hand at put-put while mom, dad and big bro hit the parks) and my last 3 weeks of college... but, it just feels like somethings is missing.

I'm telling myself that I need to not "glorify being busy", but I always find myself getting bored and sometimes even insecure when I have too much down-time. Strange? Probably.

Hopefully I'll be around to be a part of next year's event, but until then I'm excited for the opportunities I now have because of this experience!

So it's on to the next big thing. Graduation and then hopefully a paying job!

Disclaimer: Some of these photos are mine, some are other instagramers, some are Mario's and some I nabbed off of the press pages.






































No comments:

Post a Comment